Saturday, April 5, 2008

Time to crow a little bit....

It's 11:15 p.m. and way past my regular Sat. p.m. bedtime! But I have to wait up for Caroline to get off work at the movies... a couple more weeks and she will be able to drive herself home.

The amazing thing about being up this late for me is that I am not even tired and I've had no caffine! Usually by 10 p.m. I have been asleep for a while in the lazyboy chair and if not, by 10, I am more than ready to go to bed and to sleep... but not tonight... I am pumped and need to CROW!

What an amazing congregation Community of Joy is! We just pulled off a major, for us, feat and did it with such finesse! We hosted 51 men for a sit down meal in our ministry center and we don't even have a kitchen! That fact alone, doesn't really phase any of us because we've been doing that for a long time... so long that it's what we do... but the guys who came and knew we don't have a kitchen were amazed! It was a LOT of work for some very special ladies... but wow... their hard work sure made an impression on our guests!

The food was fabulous, the entertainment and education wonderful, the service was better than most restaurants and the ambiance was first-class!

Countless people told me afterwards what a terrific job we did hosting this dinner... and you know I can't take any credit for it at all! Except to be one PROUD pastor who is grateful to be part of such a wonderful church family!

No comments: