Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Heaven....and Hell...

Went to Heaven this morning! Turkey heaven that is! Got an invite to hunt with a dear friend on a PRIME piece of Turkey land. It is a Huge farm with lots of foodplots (green fields) and mature trees. Took the bow and thought it was going to happen for me today. But all we saw were hens... called 4 in to our set up. By 7:15, my friend was ready to leave (he has a tumor on his spine and it is pinching a nerve plus he had to head in for radiation). Just as well... the hell part ... was a flare up of gout that I am having. It woke me up this morning at 3:30 and feels like someone is beating my foot to a pulp with a 12 pound sledge hammer. I couldn't even get a shoe on that foot to drive home.

Hopefully tomorrow a.m. will be a different deal!

No comments: