Friday, April 4, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year...


Spring is absolutely my favorite time of the year! I love the greening grass, the flowering trees, the daffodils and the sounds of turkeys gobbling!


The ministry center has these two BEAUTIFUL Redbud bushes on the back side of the property that most folks miss.... didn't want you to miss them. So here they are.


They remind me of my years hunting turkeys in PA... one of the places I loved to hunt was a ridge top meadow that was filled with redbud or ironwood or judas trees -- which ever name you want to use. One morning, I dueled with a big tom up there... and he got the best of me!


It's interesting how the sight of something or the smell of something or the sound of something can transport a person back in time... That's where I go every time I see a redbud tree!

1 comment:

cathy b. said...

I love to brag about Maryland spring to my friends and relatives in upstate NY. They have the best summers, but no spring. Just mud season followed by blackfly season. And they don't put a seed in the ground until Memorial Day!
I can't imagine a better spring than the ones we have here!!
Looking forward to dogwoods.