Saturday, April 5, 2008

Getting in the mood....


This week, I've been taking care of my friend's captive wild turkey flock while he is out of town. It's been fun... and it has really gotten me in the mood... just 13 more days until Spring Turkey Season opens and I am ready!
Watching these strutting toms and hearing them gobble sure gets my blood pumping. Can't wait! I'm gonna try taking my first tom with a bow this year! That will be a first for me, but I am ready for it and anxious to try the challenge. Also, gonna take my nephew out for his first bird this season... he is almost 10. And my friend and insurance agent wants to tag along... so, who knows... lots of experiences ahead!
Looking forward to those cool mornings out in the woods listening as the dawn chorus comes alive and puts on the most beautiful production.

No comments: