Sunday, April 27, 2008

Something I've never done...

I did something I have never done before! And as guilty as I feel about it, I might never do it again!

I went to our local NWTF banquet last night... not our chapter's because it folded earlier in the year due to politics of the regional and national level leaders. I must say it hurt me very deeply that the chapter had to fold due to lack of willing leadership and the fact that the regional director allowed a new chapter to start in Delmar... just 6 miles from ours. We begged and pleaded for that not to happen and it did anyway. That was the kiss of death.

Anyway... with that background, back to what I did that I have never done before... At the time in the program where the Invocation was the next thing on the agenda, the Regional Director came over to me and asked if I would do him the honor of having the invocation. ... and I said "NO!, I'd rather not!"

That SHOCKED him... and left me feeling really guilty!!! Why not pray? What kind of witness was that?

But here's the deal for me... I felt used as a token.

It turned out pretty awesome though, because they couldn't find anyone else to pray, so one of the supper servers volunteered... she was NOT afraid or unwilling at all! And she had a beautiful prayer!

1 comment:

cathy b. said...

Maybe that was better than venting your two cents in the guise of a prayer?

"Dear Lord, we pray tonight for our misguided and clueless leadership....."