Monday, November 21, 2011

Refreshed!

After 14 days of vacation, I am refreshed and ready to get back in the saddle!  Actually woke up at 3:30 this morning with ideas and lists swimming in my head.  Tried to stay in bed till 5:15 but at 4:30, I gave in and got up!

My two weeks back to back vacation was the best thing I have done in 21 years of ministry!  And I am confident that I will do it again!  A week away doesn't really allow you to unhitch and let go... usually the way it works is by the time in the week you are unhitched, it is time to think about hitching back up and go back to work.  With two weeks away, the unhitching lasts longer and refreshment comes.

Grateful to have had the opportunity to get away and spend some time pursuing deer in the beauty of God's natural world! 

Later today, and this week, I will be posting some reflections from our two church visits on the two Sundays.

No comments: