Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fog Seems to Be the Operational Word...

For the 4th morning this week, Fog has settled in thick!  Today it was so thick that in the woods the water dripping from the trees sounded like a hard rain.  And when that stopped the wind came and blew hard.  Didn't see as many deer today as usual and only had one close.  Saw a total of 9 - 2 at 8 a.m. and 7 after 4:40 p.m.  Sat dark to dark today and it was grueling!

Missing my wife and needing a break from the dark to dark sitting... I decided to come home tonight and sit out tomorrow.  It is supposed to be super windy anyways.  Since I have all next week, I don't feel pressure to stay in a tree and make the most of the last days of this week.  Otherwise I would be out there.  Not sure if I am taking my nephew for Youth day on Saturday or not... will find out tomorrow if he is able to go or is out of town.

There is a bird in the 6th and 7th pictures ... see if you can find them.  And note the buck in the last picture sure has a funky rack... due to a front shoulder injury prior to growing this years rack.  Notice in the last picture he struggles to walk... but when he ran... you would never know a thing was wrong with him.











No comments: