Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day Three... turning a corner

 Today was day three of my two week vacation.  While I did not sit dark to dark today, because of a Pastors Gathering that I am part of.  I sat on the morning spot until 9.  While there, I heard ducks and geese on the river below me.  Turkeys in the trees above me.  Saw Owls and Eagles buzzing by me.  And the only deer I saw was a BIG buck (the kind I am looking for!) but he was at the begining of the lane as I turned off the road to drive back to my parking spot and it was still dark.








After the Pastors gathering, I headed to a farm I have not hunted before.  On the way, I saw another BIG buck out in a field behind my sisters house along with a doe and then in another field on the way I saw another BIG buck.  Both seen around 1 p.m.   I also saw a medium sized buck laying in a soybean field along the road, and I suspect a doe was bedded near by.  It is that season and that is why I am hunting now.
The following pics are from the evening spot. Found my "Still Waters" and saw BIG deer from this stand... one was green and the other was a BIG funky 5 point.  He walked under me at 8 yards and I had to decide not to shoot him with my bow... wait until he was far enough away that I could move and put my bow down and get my camera so I could shoot him... unfortunately the only shot I got was not a grea one... he had three points on the one side and two on the other.  Both brow tines were about 13 inches tall.  Also seen tonight are three longbeard turkeys... don't miss them in the pics.






No comments: