Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 11 - a Transition Day...

Today is Day 11 of a 14 day vacation.  And it is a day of transition in many ways.

First, it is a day of transition weather wise... we are leaving behind the warmer weather of the early part of the week and hopefully the end of the rain is in sight too.  Deer hunting is so much better this time of year when it is cooler.  So to have the temps be in the 30's tomorrow will be great!

Second, I spent some time today getting all our Christmas decorations down, so that Sharon could begin decorating this Saturday.  A time of transition of special seasons.

Third, I find that today, is the first day of this vacation that I find myself thinking about the church more than not.  Thinking about the Christmas season.  Thinking about upcoming sermons.  Thinking about community impact.  Thinking about the need to get the leaves gathered up from the ministry center.  Thinking about all the work I have to do in preparation for my next Advanced Foundations of Church Leadership Cohort in January.   Thinking about newsletter articles that I must write next week.  Thinking about a schedule of pastoral care next week.  Not that thinking about church is wrong... but one thing a pastor tries hard to do while on vacation is to unhitch... to let go... to get away for a bit.  I have been able to do that mostly until today.  Everyday, in my times of prayer, I have remembered the ill and othere special needs of our people as well as seeking God's best for our congregation.

These two weeks have been good for me!  I have thoroughly enjoyed my time away and feel ready to get back in the saddle and live out of the gifts God has given me and the calling he has placed on my life.   This time of transition away and soon back has been a blessing!

No comments: