Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 12 - Back at it...

Friday (yesterday - I am writing two posts today because my parent's internet was down) I went back out to the deer woods.  It was perfect.  COLD, clear, slight wind in a good direction and it was a wonderful time.  In the morning I saw 3 different bucks - the odd thing was that two of them were very similar in antler configuration to the one I shot, each had two points on one side and four on the other.  These were both much wider than the one I shot and one had the odd side on the left and the other on the right.  Makes me wonder about a genetic issue in the herd on that farm.  Got a picture of one of them.

ALos was able to capture some photos of a group of 4 bald eagles - 3 adults and 1 immature eagle.  And I shot some photos of buzzards on a fence and a pileated woodpecker, as well as a fox in the field. 

The highlight of the day was intentionally staying out of the woods a few moments to capture an even better picture of the lone tree at sunrise.  Hoping to enter one of these in the Ward Contest next year!












Thoroughly enjoyed being out in the woods again!

No comments: