Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Today is our last day in Antigua...




Today, is our last day in the touristy town of Antigua. And boy have we been tourists! We shared breakfast with Becky and Aaron in a little cafe a couple doors down from our hotel and then met our friend, Oscar, who lives in Guatemala City. Oscar is the one who met us when we came. Dad has helped his family over the years and now he was a huge help to us. The pics are from some of the ruins we visited and from the overlook. The mountain in the background is a volcano.


What I have decided to do with my trip is to share my daily journals and pictures with you. I´ve taken and kept over 800 photos while here!


It has been a real experience! One I will never forget! But, after 14 days here, I am more than ready to see my family... so tomorrow when we arrive at BWI at midnight, my mother will pick us up and then when I get to their house, I will drive to my house so I can see my family before they head off to work and school!!!


We did our trip in a great way... A night in Guatemala City touring with a friend and then 7 days in Xela which was not near a plush as home, but not as primitive as Union Victoria... then 4 days in U.V. with Becky and Aaron where it was very primitive and then 3 days in San Lucas and 2 days in Antigua which is the most touristy and plush of all....

No comments: