Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Preparing for my trip....

Becky and Aaron sent us some helpful information about our trip. Two things they said about our role there have stuck with me... "Listening and learning preempts doing and helping. We may have much to offer in terms of our clout and wealth but without humility it is easy to miss what those in the community have to offer us. "

And they said..."Most likely during your visit you will be invited to eat a meal at someone's house. This is an honor for the family as it would be for us to have a guest in our house. It is usually pretty safe though it may not look it. Its important to try eat what is given to you it is surely a sacrifice for the family that prepared it. "

This is going to be a trip like none other that I have taken and I am anxious to see how God uses it to open my eyes and heart.

No comments: