Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Final Blog entry for a while....


Bright and early tomorrow morning, I will meet my parents and travel with them to BWI airport to hop a plane with my Dad to Guatemala. We will be traveling there for a little more than 2 weeks...so... this will be my last blog entry unless I can find a computer cafe when we meet up with Becky and Aaron sometime around the 15th. If I can, I will try to post an entry and a picture or two.

This is going to be a very different travel experience. I take more stuff camping when I go for a week than I will take to Guatemala. I already took some things out of my duffel bag so that it wouldn't be so heavy to travel with. I am taking one duffel bag and a backpack (as a carry-on). With my recent gout outburst, I feel as though I am taking a pharmacy.

When I return, I will preach the final installment of our LiveSTRONG series at Community of Joy... it will be based on Philippians 4:10-13, which reads... "I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know what it is to have little and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and of being in need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I suspect that this passage is going to take on a new life in my spiritual journey as I travel in Guatemala. I am looking forward to what the Lord will teach me on this adventure!

No comments: