Friday, May 2, 2008

Heaven....

I haven't used this line for a LONG time... I called a friend yesterday and asked him if he wanted to go to heaven? He said "WHAT!!?" I said, "do you want to go to heaven?" And he said, "Heaven??!" I said, "Yes, Heaven... you do know what heaven is don't you?" He said, "Sure, but what do you mean?" I said, "it's a straight forward question... do you want to go to heaven, Yes or No?" When he said, "Yes". I told him that we had just been invited to hunt a prime piece of turkey habitat and I would meet him at 4:45 a.m. on Friday at the Fruitland Walmart. We did and boy were we excited! We both took our bows and just knew that we would each get our turkeys early in the a.m. and would have quite a trip to talk about!

Turns out we went to the farm... but it didn't seem too much like heaven today! We only saw one turkey... a hen and it was at 6:20 a.m. We sat in my blind until noon and the only other thing we saw was a black snake.

On the way home, we both agreed that neither one of us liked heaven very much... we sure hope that tomorrow morning will be more heaven-like!

It was heavenly though, to spend time in the beautiful world God created and to share some quality time with a good friend...to spend some time praying for our church and it's mission.... and to visit for a short while with a dear friend of ours who is fighting a courageous battle with cancer... it was also heavenly to find that at the end of the morning... my foot was feeling some better... still hurts but not as bad!

Now that I am back to earth, I've got lots to do before Sunday and will need to get a move on!

No comments: