Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We Never Know...

That's right, we never know what the next minute will bring in our lives! One minute everything is going well and you are thinking about retirement in 20 years and the next minute you receive some news that makes you wonder if you will see the end of this year!

I have a friend whose wife recently learned that an aneurysm is growing in her abdomen... and that news alone sent them for a tail spin... now, just yesterday, they went to the ER because she was experiencing some pain... after the scans.. they discovered that it is growing and needs to be dealt with soon! The surgery is risky to say the least but the alternative is just as risky.

Her situation is not really any different than ours, except she knows something that most of us don't. That news makes it hard to think clearly and make decisions. None of us knows what we would do if faced with the situation! I know what I think I would do, but can't fully know until I face it.

But what I do know and what I am praying that my friend will experience is that God is with them in this journey... however it turns out!

No comments: