Monday, December 8, 2008

Mondays...

I've never really liked Mondays... and the older I get and the more active our kids get and having two worship gatherings on Sunday... I find that I hate Mondays!

Mostly because I want to let down and recover from the weekend, but I feel the tension of all the stuff that is yet ahead. If I can kick back on Sunday afternoon and rest a bit, then Mondays are more tolerable... but if I can't, like yesterday, then Mondays are at the bottom of my list! Yesterday, I got up like usual at 5:15... showered, spent time in studio - praying and preparing for the services, got to the Ministry Center at 8 and left at noon. Rushed to get Caroline fed and to the high school for the parade then ate at Arby's with the rest of us, then home for 45 minutes (tried to put up the tree, but got a phone call) then to the parade then to the Ministry Center to help Sharon set up for evening...then home long enough to eat supper and run to Atria to meet the other carolers and then to the ministry center to carol in the neighborhood and back for tree lighting and then off to Fruitland to carol at two homes then 9 p.m. arrived home ... tried to watch the Skins game, but fell asleep ... in bed at 11 up and 5:15 and it starts all over...

You see why I need Mondays as a down day, but then I have lots pressing me and want to work on, so I can play later in the week!

God was right on when he established a Sabbath idea! It is a necessary thing for all of us!... and I would take one on Sundays, but as some would say... it's the only day a preacher works! Now that is an antiquated idea if ever there was one!

Off to get at my to do list now... will rest later tonight after my leadership team meeting... which will mean 11 or so!

No comments: