Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kicking and Screaming....

Yep, that's how I went into the texting craze! I have resisted adding texting to my cell phone plan for a long time now... but when we realized that for $5 more ---all of us could have unlimited texting... I knew the time was now to add it! I didn't think I would use it hardly at all... but I was wrong!

At first it seemed like a major interruption and a very slow way to communicate with someone. I can remember many times telling my daughters to pick up the phone and call someone when they were texting back and forth.... especially when we were needing a fast answer. I still hold think texting is not necessary and a distraction and interruption... however, it is a fun way to pass time, especially when bored. I used it a lot on the deer stand these past two weeks... when I couldn't talk, but needed to communicate or pass time. I also find that it has strengthened my connection with my girls! That alone is worth the cost!

What I have discovered, is that it is the way they communicate most and by doing it, I am entering their world!

No comments: