Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Hard to Believe....


That 20 years ago today, Sharon and I walked the isle together at the Manassas Church of the Brethren and pledged our love to each other before some 400 family members and friends... WOW!
Our wedding was very creative... being seminary students, we had lots of ideas we wanted to test out... we had 7 ministers who were officially part of the service, with Becky and Jerry Baile Crouse and Fred Swartz officiating for us.

We wrote our own vows and here is what we promised to each other... "God has granted you to me as a friend, and out of that friendship, my love for you has grown. As that love has deepened, so to has my desire to be united with you in life and service. As we unite our lives, I promise to share in your laughter and tears, your dreams and despair. I will join with you in your love for your family, celebrating with them as they rejoice and mourning wiht them as they experience sorrow. I will join you faithfully in prayer as we continue constantly to seek God's will for our lives together so long as we live. Let this be our destiny to share our lives together so that we may with one voice glorify God!"

We had that done in calligraphy by a friend for our first anniversary and it hangs in our living room to this day!
It's been a great 20 years and I look forward to the next 20!

2 comments:

Tami Brown said...

Congrats on 20 years together!

The picture is awesome!! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

The years go by too fast!!

cathy b. said...

wonderful vows!