Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Year Two....

Today is the first day of my second year in my journey with Ramsey Hunt Syndrome and the effects that the Bells Palsy part of that syndrome has left on my face.  Hard to believe that one year ago yesterday, I was hit on the head with a pine tree branch about 5 inches in diameter.  And even harder to believe that this occurance triggered the release of a virus that caused the shingles and bells palsy on the right side of my face but that is what they think happened.

I have learned alot in this year!  There is alot that I take for granted in terms of how my face works.  I have learned to appreciate the little things and be in awe of the way God designed our bodies.  I also have learned how to overcome some struggles.  I now have greater sympathy for stroke and bells palsy victims.  And finally, I learned that Acupuncture is AWESOME!   I have GREAT appreciation for Natalie Hazel at Red Dragon Wellness Center (find her on Facebook if you are interested in exploring an option for you!).

I had my 5th treatment of acupuncture last night and it gave me more of the usage of my face than I have had yet!  And the interesting thing is that after the first two treatments, I saw great improvement, but then after the 3rd and 4th, I didn't notice much improvement at all.  Yesterday, the acupuncturist said she did some research and was not happy with not getting much progress.  Then she said, "We WILL get some progress this week!"   And all she did was place 2 needles in a new spot and 13 others in spots where we have had them before.  The interesting thing is that the new spot was on the side of my thighs.  As soon as the needle went in on my left thigh, I could feel my face come alive!  All I can say is WOW!

And today, my face is twitching and coming alive in spots that previous to this have been dead!

All Praise to God for his provisions!

No comments: