Thursday, March 29, 2012

Work In Progress...



 
My friend had his wife take this picture of him the other day in Baltimore.  He has visited this spot often -- Treemont Grande Hotel in Baltimore.   This picture is a reminder to him and to us that the purpose of our lives is to worship Christ. ( I LOVE this picture - by the way!)

He sent me the picture on my phone and said, "Imagine what it will be like to serve him all the time."   I sent back a quick reply and told him that if he wanted to serve Christ, he should walk around the block and find someone he could bless by taking to lunch.

Then today, he posted this on his facebook timeline with the following caption..."Will you be ready when He comes again?  I know I have lots of work to do..."    Great question and not so great answer... let me explain.   Christ has already done all the work for us to be with him... he offers it to us as Grace... the only work we have to do is to grab hold of that grace.   NO WAY we can earn our way into Christ's presence.   He came to us... he sought after us.... he offers us his grace.   The only question is will you grab hold of the grace he offers you?

We are all a work in progress!   Thank God for his transforming presence through the Holy Spirit as he molds and shapes us!

No comments: