Thursday, March 22, 2012

Financial Peace

For years I have wanted to introduce Dave Ramesy's Financial Peace University material to our congregation.  And everytime I offered it, I always got the same response... little interest - not enough to offer the class.

But this past Fall, in talking to a person who was familiar with it and said she would take it if offered, I decided to offer it again this spring and see what came of the offer.  Well, this time, I had 4 people that were interested so, we bagan it two weeks ago.   This past week, I heard from three of the four that they "wished this material had been available when they were younger."   It would have helped them be in a very different place now financially.   All four of the people are excited to be part of the class and to be getting some tools to break the vicious cycle of financial stress and enslavement to debt.

Needless to say, I am thrilled that already the participants are seeing the places where it will benefit them and hopeful that after we are done, their testimony will encourage more people to enroll in the class.  

It is hard to leverage our resources for Kingdom Impact when we are constantly in financial stress and in bondage to debt.  But when we put Dave's baby steps into practice, we find that the stress goes away and we are released from bondage!  YAY!

No comments: