Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lost....

Today, I was helping mark our boundaries at the Hazel Outdoor Discovery Center with a fellow board member and we were way back in the middle of a couple hundred acre peice of woods.   We were following a ditch that was filled with a little bit of water and was the part of the boundary between the two properties.  As we followed the ditch, we came upon a large flooded area, in the middle of the woods.  Some of the water in this area was deeper than my knee boots.  As I walked through the large area of water, I was surprised to come upon a goose on a nest.  She had three eggs and was quick to scoot off the next as I approached totally unaware of her presence until she moved.

Later, I slipped back in to that spot to take some pictures.    She was no where near a spot that one would think a goose would be and she was totally alone... no mate.  I couldn't help but think that she had lost her way.








Jesus said, “th, and the life.
No one can come to the Father except through me.  John 14:6

No comments: