Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We Appreciate You...

At Community of Joy, we believe that we are Blessed by God so that we can Bless others!  Today we were delighted to host a staff and teacher appreciation luncheon at Pinehurst Elementary School - our neighborhood school.  

Many thanks to all who provided food.  To Karen and Walt Townsend for leading our effort, to Lachelle Rappold, Judy Urrasio, and Sally Ruby for helping with set up and tear down.   We had 9 crockpots of 7 different kinds of soups available, rolls, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, lemon squares, and chocolate candy!   It was our way of saying thanks to the staff and teachers for the influence they have in the lives of children and their families in our community!

It was so wonderful to be able to be part of this effort today!  I love leading a church that enjoys regularly reaching out beyond our walls to share love and blessing!  When I first arrived at the school today, my intention was to carry in our soup and leave, letting the team care for things.  Normally we sign in at the office.  I told the staff that I was only staying a minute and they said I didn't need to get a visitor pass.  Later I changed my mind and decided to stay a while, so I went back to the office to get a pass... and the receptionist said... "you don't need one of those, we all recognize your face around here!"   That was great to hear!

Then on my way out - after some of the staff had already enjoyed some of the soup, I passed the Dean of Students and after she thanked me, and said how nice it was... she said, you guys are causing quite a stir... there is a buzz in the air!   Again this was cool to hear!

My hope is that the staff and teachers felt valued today!




No comments: