Friday, November 2, 2012

Day Three....

Day three of my vacation found me waking up at my parents and needing only to allow 5 minutes from the house to the woods!  That is awesome!  I could so get spoiled!

Went to a spot, I love, but haven't hunted much because the wind hasn't been cooperating out of the right direction to make it work.  There is a BIG Buck in this woods and I would like to have an encounter with him.   Didn't happen this morning, but I did see 6 does (they didn't come close enough... just a few more yards and it would have been a different story) and on the way out, I was about 40 yards from my truck when I attempted to muzzle a sneeze but was not totally successful and wouldn't you know it... a buck jumped out in front of me.  He was only a West Virginia 11 point (spike) but was fun to watch.

Left the woods early today so that we could leave tonight for PA for a funeral there tomorrow.  Got a call from Mom when I got home that a dear saint in my home church died this morning... she and her husband were my bus drivers in middle and high school and delightful people.  By the way, the woods I was in this morning adjoins their farm.  Prayers for the Schwarten family!




No comments: