Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Break From Hunting but NOT Discipling...

The weather got the best of me yesterday... cold, windy and rainy.  Not good combinations for bow hunting.  I listened to the weather forcaster and decided today's weather was not going to be much better, so, I came home last night right after attending the viewing of a dear saint from my home church.

Spent the day working on things around the house.  Laundering my hunting clothes - not good to smell in the woods!  And now preparing to head to my mens bible study group.  I am not leading tonight but will enjoy seeing the guys.

One of the realities of discipling people in the ways of Jesus... you don't take a break from it.  For the past 8 or so years, I have been intentionally discipling a couple guys in our community.  Recently that group has grown.   A couple weeks ago, we went to Staten Island NY (the day before Sandy) to see one of our brothers inducted into the Wagner College Athletic Hall of Fame.   This same group of guys will be going to a Ravens game on Sunday.  When you are discipling people, you spend lots of time connecting!  

No comments: