Monday, November 26, 2012

Necesary Endings....

For about as long as I can remember, my parents have been growing and selling Christmas Trees at Hutchison's Christmas Forrest.  I have done my share of working in them... from trimming to mowing, to selling them to cutting stumps, I have done it all.  My girls have been fortunate enough to live close enough in these past 13 years that they too could enjoy selling them on Saturdays in December.   They look forward to this annual event every year!

Saturday, we were at my parents and Emma was selling trees along with a cousin of mine, and the reality that this venture is in it's last years was hitting them both.  They were trying to pressure me to take it over, but I can't see anyway to make it happen living where I live.  And it is about 10 - 15 years too soon for me.    Sad to think that this incredible business that my parents have built over the years is coming to an end!

But then it is true in all aspects of life...every good thing must come to an end.  In fact, endings are necessary before a new begining can happen.    Endings are part of life!  No need to fear them or try to avoid them, just live into them and watch what rises up after the end comes.




No comments: