Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Comical Thing...

I spent most of this day in the woods on a deer stand.  Early this morning, I had a red fox yelping its way through the woods and choosing a spot near the base of a tree not 40 yards from the tree I was in as a napping location.  It curled up in a ball, tucked it's head in and went to sleep.  I watched it periodically to see what it would do when a squirrel came closeby...and it did nothing... didn't even seem to notice.  But it was a totally different story when hundreds of migrating blackbirds were loudly and chaotically feeding on the forrest floor and in the trees overhead.  As the birds were surrounding the fox, it jerked it's head up and jumped up from its sleeping place and took off running... scared!   I didn't expect this reaction at all... I thought it would try to catch a bird.

Did see 3 deer today but couldn't make it happen on that front....

This coming storm will change things and make it more difficult to get a deer in the next two days... but we will give it a try!

No comments: