Saturday, October 31, 2009

One more post about me...then...

I said the other day, when I was diagnosed with Diabetes, that my life changed that day. Boy did it ever!

Now that the Diabetes is more under control, I feel SO MUCH better. It is amazing! I don't know how long I have been waking up in the morning only to complain of being tired... not anymore! I don't know how many times I would get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom... not anymore! I don't know how many days I would have to take a short power nap... not any more! I don't know how many days I would just feel BLAH... not anymore! I don't know how many days I would have aches and pains ... not anymore!

I am now realizing that I had diabetes for a long while! And I would encourage everyone to get regular physicals, especially if you have any of the above symptoms.

1 comment:

cathy b. said...

Let me add these "before i knew I had diabetes symptoms": every illness is magnified, so a flu feels like imminent death, an abcsessed tooth made my face swell up and I looked like Bart Simpson, rashes, constantly red gums ... it was a dental hygenist who suggested diabetes first.

So glad you're under treatment!