Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Day My Life Changes....

All of us have days in our lives that we could say... today, my life changes. Well, today is one more of those days for me!

I can now explain my TIREDNESS! It isn't that I need a vacation, because that is what I am on now! It isn't that I am frustrated with my life or job or family. It isn't that I am frustrated with my hunting season's results... bagged a deer last night with my bow.

It is DIABETES! Yep, I can hardly believe it, myself! In fact, I can't remember much the doc said after she told me what I had. It does explain my muscle cramping and lots of other symptoms too! My suguar level was a whopping 518! Normal is 0 - 100. She told me NO HUNTING! NO sugar, candy, sweets of any kind, fruits, pasta, bread, splits (and I just got three bags of them!) And I was expecting a lemon merrangue pie from my wife this week too! And she said I was inches from being in the hospital! She gave me an immediate shot of insulin and a prescription for an immediate oral med... and then to take my blood levels and call her. I just did that and they were even higher... the first one said HI and the second was 570. She told me to take to pills and call her with new readings at 2:30. I have a feeling I am headed to the hospital to spend some of my vacation there. I pray it is not so!

And if I don't, I will be going to the lab for blood work in the a.m. and to see the doc on Thursday and so.... today is the day my life changes!

No comments: