Friday, October 16, 2009

How Committed Are You?

Today's Bible Reading includes Acts 5. At the end of the chapter, Peter and the other disciples of Jesus were told NOT to teach in the name of Jesus anymore and they were flogged (beaten). Yet inspite of the harsh warnings and beatings, it says in verse 42 "And everyday in the temple and at home, they did not cease to teach and proclaim Jesus as Messiah."

Now that is commitment to the cause of Jesus for sure!

Would I be that committed? I think I would, but I won't really know until I faced such a situation.

None-the-less, this account does make me think about my commitment to Christ. Am I willing to suffer for him, in order that I might share his love with others? Am I willing to go risk my life so that others may know about and ultimately know Jesus? Will I really follow Jesus wherever he leads me?

If I am not willing or will not follow him wherever, then I guess I am not really commited to him, am I?

Thankfully, we live in a country where we are free to share his love! But even if we weren't free, I would still be willing to risk it all for the sake of Jesus! Afterall he did that for me!

No comments: