Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What Length?

What length are you willing to go to inorder to get closer to Jesus? You must atleast take a step in his direction or he will pass by.

This morning I was reading my Daily Bible Reading and part of it was from Luke 19 - the story of Zacchaeus and the lengths he went to just to get a glimpse of Jesus. He climbed a tree, because he was short and knew that it was the only way he would get a glimpse. That one step got him an audience with Jesus! That one step, changed his life forever.

Getting closer to Jesus involve you and me taking a step in his direction! As Max Lucado says, if there are 1000 steps between you and Jesus, if you take the first one, he will take the rest.

I went through a period recenlty where I had fallen off the wagon of daily Bible Reading and it didn't take long for me to realize that my relational connection with Jesus was suffering. So, I took a step.

I decided to set my alarm at 5:15 again (I had been getting up at 5:45 since school started) so that I had half an hour first thing in the morning to get closer to Jesus through prayer and daily Bible reading. And it is amazing the difference that makes in my life!

If you are feeling distant from God, just take one step closer toward him and it will make all the difference in your life!

No comments: