Sunday, October 25, 2009

Surprises, Celebrations and Analytical Minds!




What a special group of people Community of Joy Church of the Brethren is!!!!

Today they attempted to surprise me (in some ways they did and others I had some clues!) to celebrate the completion of 10 wonderful years of ministry here for Sharon and I! They went to great lengths to plan a special day! First was the guest preacher, John Layman, a blast from the past! What a great message and so great to see John and Peg! Then Tracey Townsend stepped up to lead worship and for the first time, Sharon and I sat near the back of the sanctuary in two worship gatherings.

Then there was the many guests... my parents, niece, nephew, great aunt, and several other significant people in our personal and congregational lives.

Then there was the delicious dinner at Hebron Fire Hall! What a great place to eat such a scrumptious meal and to reminisce about the past. This was topped off by two cakes that made the number 10!

I realized again today how important it is for us to tell stories and to mark places where we have been part of what God is doing in and through us! It is also good for us to be reminded of ALL the places God provides, guides, and works in our lives! In fact today's celebration was all about God!

So incredible it is to be on the adventurous journey with God and these awesome people at Community of Joy! We are so spoiled, we could never go anywhere else!

The day was topped off when a new and special friend came up to give us a hug and with a tear in her eye, say... "I'll be here to help you celebrate 20 years!" Can't wait to see what God has in store for the next ten years! It will be an adventure for sure!

One regret I have for the day is that I didn't think about soon enough to change into a suit to go to the reception! That would have been so much fun! And I have a new one too!

No comments: