Thursday, August 15, 2013

Love it when....

I had a monthly meeting yesterday morning at my parents house with the area wide Church of the Brethren Pastors.  Usually I lead this group but this time one of the other colleagues is leading!  We are reading and discussing Scot McKnight's book The King Jesus Gospel: The Original Good News Revisited"    It was a great discussion.   And always ends with lunch.

Since I was going to be down that way yesterday, I decided to use the afternoon to do some work in the deer woods and Mom also asked me if I would help my dad trim some Christmas trees.  I have a wedding to officiate this weekend so I had comp time so, I enjoyed a great afternoon.

Recently I have been reflecting, praying, reading Scriptures about the role of the Holy Spirit and yesterday, I had two things gel for me that I can say without a doubt were the Holy Spirit.  I just love it when the Holy Spirit answers prayers that you have been praying and praying and praying in a way that makes it abundantly evident what is happening!  That happened twice for me yesterday. 

And the interesting thing is, that in a previous prayer time, I had been reconsidering something that I had already laid to rest because I didn't feel it was feasible.  In reconsidering, perhaps I was trying to take control of something that I was praying about rather than trust God to work it out.  I began to feel that maybe my original answer was wrong and I reconsidering the option was a way to answer this prayer I had been praying.  But yesterday, the Holy Spirit made it abundantly clear to me that what I was doing was trying to work this out in a way I felt I cold.  So, I am confidently trusting God on this one and have laid that particular decision to rest and continue to seek God's direction and provision in this realm!   I love it when the Holy Spirit gives a clear direction and there is no mistaking it!  Now, I just pray and watch....

The other thing I had confirmed yesterday involves the church - Community of Joy and it was really cool how all that came about too!  I will be praying about it and sharing it with the church in coming days as well as inviting them to prayerfully consider this answer to prayer.   As we have been praying at a corporate level to be filled by the Holy Spirit and empowered to be witnesses for Jesus.  I just love it when the Holy Spirit answers our prayers...

No comments: