Monday, August 19, 2013

5Q Circle Testimonies....

As a part of yesterday's sermon, I asked 5 people to share in a couple sentences or a paragraph, what impact their participation in our Tuesday night 5Q Bible Study Circle has meant to them.

I want to share those testimonies here....

Gary Betters writes... "Participating in bible study has become a desire and needed part of my week rather than an obligation. Even days where I am worn and tired before going, I am always refreshed when I leave, feeling closer to God and to my church family."

Leslie Follebout writes..."It's hard to condense into a couple sentences something that is changing my life.  Being part of the Tuesday night group has given me the opportunity to connect with others in COJ in a very special way.  It is a great mixture of people and each one brings something different and important to the circle.  As my knowledge of the Bible grows, my relationship with the others does as well.  The evening starts and ends with a powerful prayer and I always go home with fresh insight to guide me through the week on how God wants me to live.  It’s exciting to have new people join the group and to watch as the circle grows and gets larger. I cannot think of a better way to spend my time on Tuesday nights and I miss it very much when I am not able to come."

Patrick Marvel writes...."I am grateful for the Tuesday night Bible study because it gives me an opportunity to dig into God's word.  It may start with 5 questions but it goes beyond.  We have different levels in our walks with God that are represented by a diverse group.  We each walk away with a greater understanding and also lots to think about.  My hunger for more knowledge of God's word goes beyond the walls of the ministry center and group and follows all the days after, thanks to my participation in the Tuesday night group."

Lauren Follebout writes..." Before I started going to Bible Study Tuesday nights were just a typical tuesday night. Tuesdays have now become my favorite night of the week because of Bible Study. I admit I am not as educated in the Bible as most but what I learn in one night is something that I can easily take in and remember. I am the youngest that attends and it would be great seeing others my age. Thanks to Bible Study I have made outstanding friendships and learned so much about the faith of others. I love being able to see these people twice a week and I encourage all to come out on tuesdays because I guarantee you will find it very rewarding."

Priscilla Timken writes..."As I drove past COJ today, I noticed the new message on the board.  It resonated with me.  It said..."we are a come as you are learning community....No Kidding!  Join us"
And I said to myself, that's it!  That is what Tuesday Night is for me....an evening where we all come together, just as we are, and together we are learning about God, His Son Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit within.  Be it grace, love, suffering, faith, hope, promise, some message of God's presence is presented to us in scripture.  Then together we share thoughts and questions which help me understand scripture and God's presence in my life and grow in my relationship with Him.  I am learning.  No Kidding!

 
Sharing this time with other believers in a small group is a very special gift I feel fortunate to be receiving.  Sharing prayer in a small group is transforming.  I will say this, as I imagine Jesus walking the roads of the Middle East, teaching, talking, mingling with folks of all walks of life.....as I carry that image....my time together with other believers on Tuesday night is as close to living that image as I have ever experienced.  It is transforming.
 "


I hope this leaves you with a desire to take that next step toward Jesus through a 5 Q Circle at Community of Joy in the coming weeks!
 


No comments: