Monday, August 5, 2013

Blessing the Community....

At Community of Joy, we believe that we are blessed by God so that we can bless others.  I like to live by that same belief.  So, one Friday night Sharon and Caroline and I were downtown Salisbury for the Third Friday Event ( a great event - every 3rd Friday downtown Salisbury!) and as I was looking at the artist booths, I walked by this one concerning a New Vision for a mural downtown to replace one that is there but in bad shape.  After reading more and seeing that it was in need of funding or else it wouldn't happen... I decided to make a small contribution.  And I am DELIGHTED to say that it got full funding and will be happening downtown on the Rt. 50 side of the City Center building.   Now, my gift was very small, but it was an effort to partner with the community to see something awesome happen downtown.  Excited to see it soon become reality!

The artist, James Thatcher, is the same person who did the original artwork that this new mural is replacing.  I think that fact is really cool too!

Here is what it will look like...


1 comment:

James Thatcher said...

Thanks so much for your post, Martin! The production of the mural will begin fairly soon, as the funds are released to me.

This fundraiser was a great faith experience for me--Lots of days with no money, slow beginnings, lead donors turning me down--then you could tell that the word got out in Salisbury!

Contributions showed up, others stepped up to fill those empty lead donor positions and then we closed in on the final amount!

Victory! God is faithful, utterly.