Thursday, May 28, 2009

Couldn't resist....





I've been enjoying time off not to relax, but to get lots of work done around our house that I have been unable to get done for a while now. It has been good!

One of the things that I really wanted to do this week is to get some topsoil/compost for my garden area and begin the process of building up the soil and gardening once again. I have missed gardening, but got frustrated due to the poor soil quality. Yesterday, Rhonda Daley gave me a tip on a guy who makes his own garden soil/compost from chicken and horse manure among other things. I called Pete yesterday and was unable to go there then, but went by today to get a load and man am I pleased! It is the nicest looking compost I have ever seen. NO smell, little clumping. LOTS of good rich nutrients for my garden! I spread it this morning on my garden area and once my rototiller gets back from the shop, I will till it in and plant a garden, then this fall, I will get another load.

If anyone is interested in getting some garden soil/compost.... Pete Layfield is the place 410.202.6265. He lives on a farm just off Spearin Rd. His prices are GREAT and on top of that he is a DELIGHTFUL person!

No comments: