Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Heading toward a much needed vacation....

I am long past ready for a vacation! In fact I wish I could take a couple weeks in a row off. I've been in ministry for nearly 20 years and never had a sabbatical and am just now feeling like one would be very helpful. Nothing harder than the weekly grind of preparing a new message that engages people and helps God's transformation take place in our lives.

I read a comment recently that I agree with... someone said, being a pastor is like giving birth on Sunday, then on Monday you find out that you are pregnant again! I kinda feel that way a lot lately.

Still wanna give the rest of my life to Community of Joy and have absolutely no interest in going anywhere else! There is a lot to be said for long time pastorates! Sharon and I have been here for 10 years in October and it feels like we are just now hitting our stride! Don't wanna do anything but enhance that!

No comments: