Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gotta Laugh...

Gotta laugh because it is so sad and that's all you can do but laugh!

Just got my driver's license renewed at the MVA. In the process, they told me that my address was wrong. Now the sign at the end of the street says Kearny Kourt. It has said that for the entire 10 years that I have lived here and it has said that for years before, I moved to town. All my mail comes to Kearny Kourt. But because the MVA now links online directly to the Post Office and they say that address is unknown... my address is wrong. They have it as KearnEy cOURT. How sad. I asked them to look it up in the phone book and to look at my check... but the only option I had was to go talk to the post office and then come back and pay another $30 if I want it changed. Or bring two bills that are delivered to this address and pay another $30.

I laughed and said... I DON'T CARE what you list it as...

So sad that they would think the post office would know what our street name is! They did one time... but someone probably typed the wrong name and now it is where I live!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I searched Yahoo for kearny kourt, salisbury, md and got all kind of hits. lol
bofar

Martin Hutchison said...

But the MVA, says it has to be in the Postal Service System that way... or I show them 2 letters from the phone company (for a land line, not cell) and the cable bill... because both those companies get their info from the Postal System... funny thing is ... both those bills say Kearny Kourt.

Still Laughing at how sad it is!

My last name is Hutchison, but I get Hutchinson alot... just because I get it that way, doesn't mean it is right! Someone made a typo... same deal with the postal service system... someone thought they knew what they were doing and typed Kearney Court.