Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Praying for a break through

I am praying today for a break through in relationship to the City of Salisbury and their willingness to be part of the solution of the growing problem of homelessness in our city. Tonight, a friend of mine has a meeting with the city council to begin the process of asking for funding to buy a building to be used as a day center and place where services can be provided in the hopes of helping some of the guys get back on their feet and off the streets.

Just recently, the Assistant City Administrator was quoted in the paper as recognizing that there are homeless people in Salisbury -- a HUGE step, because previously, the administration has turned a blind eye toward this population. She also went on record stating that the city is looking into providing such a day center where resources can be made available.

A building in a prime location for this population is now on the market. It would allow them access to public transit, they could walk there, it is in a neighborhood that the city is working in...it's just that funding is an issue. How I wish I had a couple hundred thousand to put toward it's purchase! It will be auctioned soon and wouldn't it be awesome to see it be bought for this significant ministry.


So, today, I am in prayer for this need! I pray for open ears and hearts tonight at City Council. I pray for provision of funds for the purchase of a facility. I pray for my friend as she goes into the lion's den.

No comments: