Monday, March 2, 2009

Grateful to be alive...

Just got back from shoveling at the Ministry Center with Ronnie Foreman. As I was pulling out on Rt. 13 headed north, on a green arrow at the intersection of Rt. 13 and South Blvd... I almost met my maker! Some old guy in a van, traveling way too fast for the conditions came flying through the red light! I couldn't see him due to the Red Door Sub shop sign, that is until I was moving into the intersection and he was coming right at my door. Good thing the pavement was only wet and I could speed up to avoid being hit. The guy didn't even brake! I couldn't imagine what happened, so I looked in the rear view mirror and noticed that all of the lenses of the traffic lights were covered with snow and you could barely see that it was red.

So grateful to still be alive and able to type this! Be careful out there!

No comments: