Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Some Fun and a Funny....



It is no secret that I love to play the corn hole game! It is similar to horshoes, but much more fun or so it seems.... so, I thought we ought to have a set or two at CoJ, especially for the Pork Roast and for the youth. It was a hit on Sunday... the only time I saw them not being used was when most folks were eating and when the sun got around and was shining straight down on them. Otherwise it was the magnet I thought it would be.
The funny is... Miss Tami -- who knows LOTS of people-- almost as many as Waving Walt!, she emailed me one day last week and said she had gotten us an offer to have an antique tractor there too. She said, "Can't have corn hole without an antique tractor!" So, I emailed her back and said "that's great... BUT it can only come if it is green and yellow!!!!" I never heard back from her at all! So on Sunday, when I was welcoming folks to the pork roast, I was looking toward Bethany Lutheran Church and here coming up Camden Avenue was a John Deere Tractor! YEAH green and yellow!!!! Thanks to Miss Tami and especially to Mr. Tom and Mrs. Patti Miller for bringing their BEAUTIFUL John Deere tractor. It was an AWESOME addition to our corn hole game set up!

No comments: