Monday, September 8, 2008

And the winner is...




ME! Best Walking Tours of Washington D.C.!
Last night the youth presented me with an award! Yep... The BEST Walking Tour Guide in D.C.! (the top picture is of the award!)
You see, I got Miss Tami to the White House to take this picture LATE on the 4th of July (it is very dark here... was proud of my little camera on this one!).... just because NONE of the youth wanted to go see... they missed out!
Right behind Caroline and me, is the Washington Monument... but also is a band shell where Heuy Lewis was singing (a rehearsal for the evening's concert on the 4th)... I got them right up close, so they could actually see him on stage!
Got them to Union Station from the Lincoln Memorial too! I used the GREATEST motivation tactic on this one... D.C. has LOTS of domed buildings... so, I kept telling them... "see that domed building? It's just past that!" Then the next domed building, I would say the same thing." Finally there it was....right where I said it would be!!!!
We had lots of fun... and it was fun to share the stories last night and hear the stories. GREAT group of youth we have at CoJ!

No comments: