Sunday, June 29, 2008

Visiting the Congregation....



In May and June, I have put on the miles to visit some of my parishioners... the three that are in BVS (Brethren Volunteer Service).


First it was to Guatemala to visit Becky and Aaron Johnston and see the work they are doing there. We enjoyed a week together.
And then on Thursday, I was able to drop in and surprise Janice Miller in Harrisonburg, Virginia at her current BVS assignment at CrossRoads... a Brethren and Mennonite historical farm and display. It was fun to catch up with Janice and to see where she has been working. I even insisted that SHE give me the tour...when she suggested that the tour guide on duty would do that, I said, "NO WAY! I want to know what you have learned." It was very informative and neat to see!

No comments: