Monday, June 2, 2008

Recap of Yesterday's Message...

The two questions: How strong is your faith in God? AND, Will it sustain you even when the going gets tough?

Looking at the response of Shadrack, Meshack, and Abendego to King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 3:17 and 18 when faced with being thrown into a fiery finance that was 7 times hotter than normal... they said, "If our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire and out of your hand, O king, let him deliver us. But if not, be it known to you, o king that we will not serve your gods and we will not bow to the golden statue that you have set up."

Knowing the outcome of this story... we often miss the courage in this statement!

Courageous Faith says I won't abandon God even if he doesn't rescue me! Courageous Faith says I will go wherever God calls me regardless of the risk, cost, or outcome because I trust God to know best, to see the big picture and to provide the strength to endure whatever comes my way!

God did not promise an easy life... BUT he did promise to journey with us in whatever fiery furnace we face! Courageous Faith says I won't abandon God even if he doesn't rescue me!

No comments: