Saturday, June 21, 2008

Two crabcakes and...

That's right... last Saturday night I had two crab cakes at a restaurant in St. Michaels, MD as we celebrated my mother's birthday and Father's Day with my dad. Two crab cakes and then on Tuesday it hit... and Wednesday was unbelievable and Thursday, I couldn't get a shoe on and even today I sat with my foot up most of the day... Gout is NOT a pleasant thing!!!! My foot swelled almost double in size and got RED and HOT and percocet nor darvocet took the edge of the pain off... And I have been taking my meds faithfully since the last uprising in April. So, I walked into the docs office when she hadn't returned my call in 5 hours ... walked in on crutches and interrupted her lunch and thankfully she prescribed a high powered ant-inflammatory pill that took the pain away quickly for a day and a half and now is only taking the edge off... and the make matters worse... it has upset my stomach that I don't dare venture too far!

And I think I am still young! Can't wait -- actually I can wait forever... to see what it's like when I get old!

No comments: