Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What a pain to have to admit...

I didn't get a turkey this morning! The gobbler was gobbling hot and heavy on the roost and even for about half an hour after flydown. But he never came my way. At least not before the hen came from behind me and all but sat in my lap! She gave an alarm putt twice and I called to her and within 20 minutes she was back almost in my lap... about 8 feet away. I think she was going to a nest. She was a real beauty... almost a smokey phase... definitely lighter than normal. Finally after I could tolerate the pain no longer, I had to move and she flew away... but not too far.

Then as I was leaving, I saw a gobbler heading my way across the field. Unfortunately, for me and fortunately for him, he saw me about the same time and split!

Oh well, there's always another day!

No comments: