Monday, April 16, 2007

The Easter Story Keeps Getting Better and Better!!!!!


WOW! I mean to tell you that God is AWESOME! Today the story continues and it is quite a story of God's resurrection... for all the details go back to the Early April entries here.

Last Tuesday we were supposed to have a building inspection on the church building we are hoping to buy and have a contract on. The inspector who came, indicated to me that he was uncomfortable with doing the inspection because he had a relationship with the church. Turns out his wife is a former member of the selling church. When he was uncomfortable, I became uncomfortable and we agreed to reschedule the inspection with someone else from his company. That person could NOT do the inspection until today (Monday April 16) and in spite of my pushing really hard for him to do it last week... he didn't budge... and I couldn't find someone who would do it sooner...so I met him there today at 9 a.m.

This weekend has been some of the most unusual weather... with over 4 inches of rain and really high winds! When I arrived at the church, the inspector and our realtor were already there. Also there was one of the leaders from the selling church... who was downstairs wet vacuuming the water that was coming up from the toilet flanges. She had called a plumber and and had him come to plug the pipes... but his effort did not stop the water from coming in. The inspector used some of the wax from the toilet to add to the plug and got the water to stop coming up. This whole ordeal lead to a relationship forming between myself and this leader... we even talked theology for almost 45 minutes and found much in common. We talked about appraisals and our desire to offer a fair price but our concern over the appraised value. It was the face to face meeting that I have been hoping for and I didn't even have to request it... God orchestrated it in a way I could have never done! I now have her cell number and she has mine and she knows how much we want the building and hope we can come to some agreement on price should our appraisal come in lower than the asking price. I know how much they want to sell it to a church and are hoping the building will be a blessing to us.

Also, the inspector found the standing water on the roof. The good news is that the roof was not leaking! However it did have about 2 feet of water standing on it. A roof drain is blocked and I knew that from our previous inspection. But Heather called immediately and is having some one come over to open the drain at their expense!!!

If that weren't enough, she loaned me pictures of what it looked like prior to the addition. And loaned me a copy of some plans that they had drawn up for that addition and a much larger classroom addition as well as the design for a parking lot. The plans have dimensions and show some exciting vision and possibilities for the space. How COOL!! YEAH GOD!

No comments: