Thursday, April 12, 2007

If only the church would be as quick!

Today, I was rear-ended by a young lady while I was stopped at a red light on Rt. 50 and Civic Ave. I had just come from a meeting with a plumber at the building our church is hoping to buy.

Luckily no one was hurt. My truck sustained bumper damage and her van also had bumper damage. The accident site is just across the road from my insurance agent's office, so I went there after the police let us go. He immediately started the claim process from our end in case she didn't start one on her end (she did!) Two hours later I got home and have been on and off the phone ever since! First it was her insurance company, then it was the body shop I chose, then it was my insurance company's personal injury guy and then it was my insurance agency's damage gal. And then friends have been calling!

As all this is taking place, I am thinking... wouldn't it be great if the church responded to "accident's" in the same way with the same speed and concern?! It definitely has impacted me to know that I am not a number or a name, but that my situation matters!

Fortunately, I am part of a church that is VERY good at responding to needs we are aware of! And I want us to do better! To help people who are in times of need experience God's love and presence as they travel through the struggles!

No comments: