Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Surely God Smiles When...

Surely God smiles when different churches work together!   I have always beleived that to be true.  Yet so often, I find that we treat other churches like they are the competition or enemies.  NOT SO!  If we are following Jesus, we are on the same team!

This morning I was at one of two local coffee shops I like to frequent (at the other one now) because I like to get out into the community and meet people, observe people, and frankly I get tired of being cooped up in the office.   I was attempting to work on the MOUNTAIN of reading that we have for our next Advanced Foundations of Church Leadership Cohort meeting in early June.   I got a text message from one of the guys in our cohort as we were working on sorting out the assignments.  I had noticed a neighboring pastor was also in the shop and he was busy reading... turns out he had also notice me, but thought I was busy - so when the text came, he came over to say hi.  That led to a neat conversation about what his church is up to and a deep dialogue between the two of us.

The conversation ended with us talking about the possibility of joining forces sometime in effort to love Salisbury.   That would be awesome and I would welcome that opportunity for us!   Because I believe that God smiles when churches work together!   We don't do enough of that and we need to figure out that we are on the same team and not competition!

No comments: