Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kingdom People...

From time to time, I like to share thoughts or insights that I find in my reading.  This one comes from Michael Frost's book "The Road to Missional: The Journey Back to the Center of the Church".   It is a quote from Howard Snyder..." Kingdom people seek first the Kingdom of God and its justice; church people often put the church work above the concerns of justice, mercy, and truth.  Church people think about how to get people into the church; Kingdom people think about how to get the church into the world.  Church people worry that the world might change the church; Kingdom people work to see the church change the world."

Something to think about!

Which would you say that you are?  A Kingdom person or a church person?

I confess that for too long in my life as a follower of Jesus, I have been a church person.   But I desire to become a Kingdom person.

No comments: